I can admit that before I started using this toner, it had been years since I used the last one. I wasn't even sure how exactly how to use a toner or what to look for in a toner. Nowadays there are hundreds of products for each type of product for your facial skin care regimen which makes it so overwhelming to find the best product for you. It can be discouraging and down right dreadful.
- Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother-It is crucial to use this kind specifically because the ACV is raw and unfiltered containing enzymes, nutrients, minerals, and beneficial strains of bacteria. This can be found at almost any supermarket or definitely at an organic foods store.
- Small Empty Spray Bottle. Any container will work, I prefer the spray kind for simplistic usage. If you do not have a container ready or not sure what to use, many spray containers can be found in the travel sized products area at Walmart or Target.
- Cotton Rounds or Balls, whichever you. These can be found at any type of Dollar Store, Walmart Kmart, Target, etc, or may already these.
Instructions (See your skin type):
- Dilute ACV to 3 parts water, 1 part ACV
- Add more water: 3.5 parts water, .5 part ACV
- Less Water: 2 parts water , 2 parts ACV
It will take time to tell which mix is good for your just remember if your skin is dry, add more water, and if your skin is oily, add more ACV. If you have normal skin than you're one lucky chick!
Note: Feel free to add other ingredients such as Green Tea, Coconut Oil, Tea Trea Oil, Lemon Juice, for added benefits. Do a little research first to decide what will be best for your skin. I use only what I've listed and I've had great success.
How To Use:
I've always struggled with using a toner, or shall I say rarely ever used one because I wasn't totally clear on how to use one.
Always keep in mind these 3-4 steps when sticking to your skin care regimen.
- Exfoliate (Only 2-3 times week, overdoing it can only cause harm to skin)
- Moisturize (Doing this last will help lock in those essential ingredients for your skin)
After cleansing and/or exfoliating simply spray or dab on your mixture of ACV to the cotton ball/round and lightly dab all over the face being extra cautious to the eye area. You don't want to get to close to the eyes because this mixture can cause a burning sensation to that area. (Trust me, I've had that happen before!) After waiting a a minute or two, you can then apply your moisturizer as normal and carry on with your beauty routine.
- This mixture may cause a tingling sensation to your skin, but no need to be alarmed. It will go away after a few seconds. The tingling is good thing because you know it working and lifting away grime that soap can leave behind.
- The smell of this horrendous and I recommend starting out by only using the toner at night until you have become used to it. I use mine every time I wash my face because now it is a delightful smell to me, and it only last a few minutes.
- Refrigerate your mixture to prevent spoiling.
Okay so now your most likely thinking "I know how to make this toner, but why should I use it?
AVC seems to do wonders for almost anyone's skin! I've read about this concoction time after time and the overall outcome is absolutely magnificent!
ACV has many benefits such as:
- Restoring the pH balance of your skin. pH stand for Power of Hydrogen. pH levels are based on a scale of 1 – 14. 7 is neutral, under 7 is considered acidic, while 7 is alkaline. On its own our skin should be anywhere form 4-6. Too little or too much of a pH balance results in dryness, oily, acne prone, or other problematic skin problems. Of course it would take professional testing to diagnose the exactness of our pH balance, but believe me, it is crucial to maintain a healthy pH balance to achieve healthy skin.
- Works as a natural antiseptic & antibacterial
- Can minimize pores and diminish pimples, black heads, etc.
- Contains alpha hydroxys and amino acids that dissolve dead skin.
- Stimulates blood circulation leaving your skin refreshed and naturally glowing
- Clears blemishes and can slightly fade scars
- Moisturizes as needed! From everything I've read online, in books, etc. ACV knows exactly what its doing. If your skin is dry, it gives you more moisture, if it's oily it knows how to prevent the oiliness. (Remember me mentioning that it restores the pH balance? Here's a prime example!)
Note: Results will vary and I cannot say how little or long it can take for this toner to do its work simply because we are all made different. Be patient because the results can absolutely amazing!
Now that you've read all the incredible benefits of and ACV facial I hope that you all give it a try. Be sure to let me know how it works for you! I'd love to hear your experiences!
Thank you for reading! <3