Thursday, July 5, 2012

Influenster Summer Beauty VoxBox

Today I received my Influenster Summer Beauty VoxBox and I have to say I am quite disappointed with it. I was so excited to receive this VoxBox because the original email from the Influenster Team stated that only a special selection of Influenster's would receive this one.

As soon as I saw the mail walking up to my door, I noticed the white box. I made sure to step outside and and get it as soon as I could. I grabbed it from my door step immediately and opened it as soon I got inside. I noticed there were only 3 items. The box had no seal and came open easily. There was no sign of tape or a seal ever being on the box. 

The cards included list each item that was to be provided for testing purposes:
(Click to Enlarge)



My Contents:
As you can see, this box almost empty :(

Quaker Soft Baked Bar in Banana Nut Bread - $3.29 for a package of bars.
I received 1 full sized bar.

Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy - $4.99-$5.99 for 12.7 oz & 12.9 oz bottles.
Each bottle included is 3 fl oz.

The Shampoo and Conditioner seem to be the only products based on demographics, so I know that I was eligible for the other products.

I am even more disapointed because after I checked in my voxbox I immediately received an email reminding me of the "special selection" and how to tag Influenster and the brands for twitter. I unfortunately I cannot participate in all the brand challenges unless I receive these items. 

I posted this picture on twitter and had quite a few responses from other ladies who had been missing items as well, or who had past VoxBox's never show, which leads me to believe that this is some sort of error on Influenster's behalf.

 Within a half hour of the conversation Influenster tweeted back saying items must have been stolen along the way and they are having USPS investigate this issue. They also asked me to send an email including my address and the items that were missing.

After tweeting with other Influensters, one informed me that Influenster replied to her email saying they cannot replace these items but it will not affect her score. I know Influenster plans on having our accounts on some sort of scoring scale where our influence can go up and down based on our social sharing.

I made sure to email Influenster with full details of my experience and I am waiting for a reply. I can understand how they cannot send these items out because of fraud issues, but again, if this happened to many others, I am thinking it is not an issue with USPS.  I don't understand this situation.

My thoughts/theories on this issue:

  • This VoxBox came looking very normal. There doesn't appear to have ever been any tape on it. (Usually you will see marks where you've opened it, or where tape has been ripped off) Opening the box was ridiculously easy. I'm thinking maybe it was not taped to being with when packaging was taking place, potentially allowing thieves to steal these items from their warehouse, or employees of USPS while in transit.
  • Along with the details of the last description, I hate to say it, but perhaps this was all staged. Why wouldn't these packages be sealed? Maybe they ran out of products and after promising so many Influensters this VoxBox, they had to come up with some way to make us believe that this could not be an internal error.
  • The fact that this happened to many others leads me to believe again, this is not a USPS issue but rather an Influenster issue. 
  • These items could not have been stolen right from my doorstep, because I ran out of the door when I saw the mail man walking up my street. I saw him place the box on the porch. I came out and grabbed it right away.
  • The reason Influenster gave to an unnamed twitter/blogger friend of mine is understandable, and only backs up my second bullet-ed theory. Influenster said they had no more products to send out for missing items.
All in all, these VoxBox's are free of charge, even from shipping. I understand how simple errors can take place, but this is not so simple. This happened to many people that I've talked to. If Influenster replies to my email saying they can replace my items, that would be great!

Enough with the negatives! I enjoyed every VoxBox thus far and do look forwards to future events. I appreciate that Influenster has contacted me in the first place to try and fix this issue. I will keep everyone updated as the news comes in and I really hope this dopes not change anyone's mind to be part of this social influence,


**************UPDATE************

Influenster replied the same day via twitter asking for me to email them with my address so the items can be replaced. I still have not received them, but I am still hoping for them to come. I emailed today and they replied back with a generic email about the Brand Challenges.

I'll keep ya posted!

7 comments:

  1. ...well, that's not cool. I guess I can stop feeling as bad about my missing nail polish, now. I thought it was just me... I was wondering if anyone else had shipping/packing issues, too. I'm sorry, Lizzy, that really sucks that half of your stuff is missing. I don't know what's going on with them, but I hope they figure it out. Maybe, people are being lazy or stealing from the facility or something... I don't know, but this is weird. They need to make all of this right before it hurts their company name :( I really, really like Influenster and I hope this gets fixed. Sorry again about your missing items. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel terrible for complaining, but I was promised this box because of the special invite with my statement for the Gillette/Olay Brand Challenge. I really think it is a company issue because this is too coincidental for many of us to be missing these items. They need some sort of quality control. This honestly sounds like the Myglam Issues in January and February. Don't be sorry. Lets just hope Influenster can take of this.

      Delete
    2. my nailpolish is missing from my voxbox too.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe the majority of your products are missing, and it's hard to tell right now whether they just forgot, or if it was stolen! As i mentioned on twitter my mom voxbox never arrived when other moms from CA/west coast rec'd their last week! I am hoping influenster will get to the bottom of both of our issues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there was some error on their part because this is just crazy! All kinds of people are missing items. I hope this can be fixed. You're not the only person I've heard say that they didn't receive their Mom VoxBox. I just wonder what's going on??

      Delete
  3. Hey hun, thanks for stopping by my page! This is a great post about Influenster! I was also missing an item, the Hawaiian Tropics lotion. I'm following you, so follow back so we can stay on touch!

    Gina xoxo

    http://beautyloveandlipgloss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate any and all comments and will always try my best to reply to each and every one. I accept feedback and constructive criticism. All I ask is that there is no negativity towards other readers and no foul language used here. Thank you for being a lovely reader of my blog!

Feel free to leave you're blog links, just no spamming please.

<3 mattabellax3