If you are not a subscriber to Birchbox, you may not know of their "Birchbox Points" program. The Birchbox Points program allows subscribers to earn points and redeem those points for full size products in the Birchbox Store. There are few things you should know when earning points. This is the lo down.
- The subscriber will receive 10 points for the initial subscription.
- You will NOT earn points with any months subscription following the initial subscription. (Not such a bad thing and you will see why if you keep reading)
- Referring friends will earn you 50 points. You can refer friends via email or your personal link, both retrievable when you log into your account.
- You will also receive 10 points for EVERY product feedback survey you complete. (So each month you have the opportunity to earn at least 40 points.)
- Usually the bonus item does NOT have a feedback survey.
- You will receive 1 point for each dollar spent on full size products.
- Only current subscribers in good standing can earn points.
- For every 100 points, you get $10 in the Birchbox Store.
- After your points have accumulated you can redeem them for full size products or gift subscriptions.
- Unfortunately, you cannot redeem points for future boxes for yourself, only the gifts subcriptions.
- Redeeming points is very simple, there will be a option to use your points when checking out of the Birchbox store.
- If your total comes to anything above each $10 amount of products, the points redeemed will be the number rounded up. Example: My total came to $52, I will have used 60 points.
Tips for Earning/Redeeming Points:
- Be sure complete each product feedback survey, for the items in your current box. The feedback time is limited, once your new box has shipped, you will no longer be able to complete the survey for last months items.
- If you want to purchase full size products from the current months box, do so quickly! Those items ship for free!
- Points do not go towards shipping fees!
- Current box products do not only count for the items you received. The products for each month are every item in ever single box for that month. Example: I received items that another subscriber didn't, All the items in both of our boxes will be considered the current months pick.
- You will not receive the 1 point for every dollar spent if your entire order is paid from redeemed points.
I think Birchbox has done a fabulous job at establishing the Birchbox Points Program. What more can we ask for? Silly question, because I know at times suscbribers (including myself) are given an inch and we want the whole yard, but I feel the Birchbox Points Program is very fair!
A few examples regarding Birchbox's fairness would be that just this past December, (2011) boxes were shipped out slightly late. Birchbox gave every subscriber 100 points for the inconvenience. I also just heard about many subscribers receiving expired items, and again Birchbox credited those subscribers with 100 points, no questions asked.
I just redeemed 500 Birchbox Points (which equals $50) for full size items in the Birchbox shop. These items were from the current month (April) so those items shipped free. I am totally amazed that I basically received $50 worth of high end cosmetics for nothing! There's little to no work in earning points.
All in all, when I hear people complain about Birchbox, I think to myself, this really isn't a bad deal. I pay $10 a month for products I know I will never try, or even heard of before. If I don't like an item, no biggie, at least I didn't have to break the bank to find out. Also, not very many beauty subscriptions services offer points. Birchbox even has the their community, consisting of their blog, YouTube channel, emails, twitter and Facebook pages that are all updated very often to give us advice on products, and anything beauty related in general.
Birchbox has been very good to me, my very first month, one item was missing and I tweeted about. Not even an hour later they had the situation taken care of. I received the item within the week. So of course, I am keeping my subscription.
And in case your wondering what I redeemed my points for:
Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Tinted Moisturizer in medium, $34
Pangea Organics Lip Balm in Italian Red Mandarin w/Rose, $12
Are you a Birchbox Subscriber? If not click HERE to become one. If you are a subscriber, have you redemmed your points yet? If so for what? If not, what items are saving them for? I'd love to hear what every has to say!